HOW THEY TREAT US


An Indian girl that got admitted here in Nigeria, in A.B..U Zaria seems to be everyone’s friend (she is not the only foreigner though but my eyes caught her). she stays in Amina Hostel; the hostel I stay. Almost every girl in the hostel wants to be her friend.  I wonder why? Is it because she is fair? She has a long hair? Her accent is none like ours?
I am not trying to be a race talker here but I wonder if they appreciate our kinds the way we appreciate them when we travel to their places. I wonder if they call us blacks who are not humans. It is not as if I don’t like this Indian girl. I do but do they treat us as specially as we treat them?
It appears that racism has taken in the sacred water of immortality because in this present day stories are still be told, fictions are given the atom of non-fiction. The 2018 movie THE HATE YOU GIVE  gives the impression that no matter what we do, what we say or how great we are , they won’t listen, they won’t see us as same as them.
How they treat us makes us slaves to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IS IT THAT EASY? IS IT GENDER?

GIVE THE RESPECT TO A DOG INSTEAD

I AM NOT NIGERIAN