THE BOMB FAMILY WHO IS POOR, CRAZY AND LOVING


I used to think of them as nuisances when they run around the street playing hide and seek, I used to look at them as filths when they won't dress up their little ones leaving them naked, then they were lousy when they scream with laughter as they  talk about what their day's activities around 12:00am upwards. It made me think they are witches and wizards and their mother, the grand witch . I thought of her as crazy as she threatens to beat up her male customers , those that buys her soya bean cakes and refuses to pay and the way she uses vulgar words made me to think that she was or maybe is a bad  mother.

These people live in my new area,  our next house neighbour.  I got to realise later that I was just being a bad judge.  They were just trying to push the pain and sadness into the trash bin. They are poor but they have a house to call their own (I can't help but wonder how they got to own a house sha) ,  they are this little family : crazy but sensitive,  poor and happy.
Nana is the second child,  she is a no nonsense girl.  She is the replica of her mother in character.  She will beat you up if you try her. I noticed she is kinda hitting on my younger bro.
Ummi is the first child,  very gentle.  She just chuckles at her family 's drama. She is just there

Umar, their mother's brother. The guy is a thug with no regrets. He has this cold stare that can make you have nightmares . My younger bro always says he is one of the nicest person he has got to know in the neighborhood. I find it hard to believe.
The twins: Hassana and Hussaina,  so cute but troublesome.  They bring trouble from outside and their mum will have to fix it.
The little ones,  walking around naked.
They know just what makes them happy.
I started enjoying their way of life,  their voices that pierce the calmness of the night turned out to be a lullaby. Their drama is what I couldn't miss a day. Can't wait to go home so that they will   feed me to smiles and laughter.
Sorry to say,  they are miserable but they won't let their misery get in their way.  Mhen,  even the rich in my area respects them especially their mother.
I love them.
These people, this family is a bomb if you mess with them.

Comments

  1. This poem remind of my neighbour then. You don't mess with them and go score free. Sometimes you take them like a thug family but on the other hand you find out that they just want to protect their self and be respected sometimes they become the best family in the neighbourhood..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow
    This work is beautiful


    A short story that throws u into the world of imagination

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IS IT THAT EASY? IS IT GENDER?

GIVE THE RESPECT TO A DOG INSTEAD

I AM NOT NIGERIAN