NO TIME TO ATTEND WEDDINGS

"Oh😁 thank God you are here💃🏽 I was about to call you!" My sister was excited that morning. I couldn't help but have the feeling that her excitement was unnecessary. I felt she was up to something or she was about to ask for a favour.
"What's the excitement about ?" I asked her with a straight face because I was so hungry. I was actually from the gym and her hostel was closer, I know she cooks early. You see,  her hostel was closer and food was closer.

"Ah, smile now before I talk."
She said as she tickled me but I kept moving away from her. Gosh!  I love tickles but I hate the discomfort it causes to me, tickles make me jump, laugh  and take steps that look like  dance steps, childish ones for that matter.

"Okay okay" what I gave her was laughter not even smiles. I went to the table she kept her pot, opened the pot and saw mouth watering macaroni. I fetched some in a plate and went to sit on her bed, I started devouring the macaroni without pity.

" And you just dey comot from gym, see as you dey chop plenty food. Nothing go burn. " my sister teased.

"I hear! I no wan burn fat. I just wan dey flexible and fit." I replied. When my stomach was getting filled, I asked, "So what's up?"

"Let's go to Dami's sister's wedding. Na tomorrow. Omo, na correct Owambe! Spend the night here so that..."

"I  am not going" I cut her short.

"Why?"  Her face was straight with disappointment.

" I will be really busy and ..."

"ENACTUS!" she said abruptly with a little expression of anger. " That NGO is taking the whole of you."
She started sounding really emotional and that was getting me emotional too. She continued, "They are taking you away from me and ..."

"Stop blaming the poor NGO. ENACTUS has nothing to do with my not wanting to attend the wedding. I just no get time to dey attend weddings. I get things to do."

"Please" she begged in a frustrated voice, her eyes fixed on mine, infact her eyes were pitifully fixed inside my eyes, so needy they appeared.I was trying so hard to resist helping her but I couldn't by accepting the invitation but those eyes were getting really persuasive.

"Why is it important that I go with you?"

"The thrill! I love the feeling I have when I attend weddings with you, the way we analyse the olojukokoros who eat more than enough, the way we mock the wannabes, they way we scrutinize the groom and pride, you know, the gossip etc. Please do not change on me, you used to love attending weddings with me,  but since you got too serious with your life, you have had no time for fun . Please come with me."

"Okay fine!"  I said. I couldn't take it anymore! Her pleading I mean but somehow, inside of me, I felt kind of excited that I will attending an OWAMBE wedding after a long time.

So we attended the wedding the next day and our job of observation began...

Do you want to get the gist of what happened during the wedding?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IS IT THAT EASY? IS IT GENDER?

GIVE THE RESPECT TO A DOG INSTEAD

I AM NOT NIGERIAN