THE WEDDING AMEBO EXPERIENCE (THE BEGINNING)

Red lipstick, powder and Kohl, these are just what I applied on my face. No brows, no foundation, no concealer, etc. See, I was feeling myself o. The red lipstick made my lips more beautiful than the red flower of majesty, the kohl i applied made my brown  eyes glow  as though they serve as light to the sparkling stars, the stars sought my companionship at noon, they couldn't wait till night. I wore my flowy gown made of Danshiki with red colour dominating the design on it and I tied a simple brown headtie and wore small earrings.

I was all set for  the wedding when my sister came in from her make up artist's, she was looking all fine and shiny on the simple make up on her face. She paused when she was half way into her hostel room and said to me " Ahn Ahn, Queen Queen, you want  the groom to fall in love with you and change his mind about marrying the bride? See as you dey glow abeg even though na make up wey no be make up you do." 

She was just admiring me  and her room mate who was also dressed for the wedding couldn't help but say, " Do not swallow your sister with your eyes ooo. Let's go we are running late."

My sister had tried to persuade me to go with her to her make up artist's earlier that day but I refused , I usually prefer to do my own small make up irrespective of the occasion.

We were all set to go. We locked the hostel room and unfortunately had to walk to the school gate. I am not good at cat walking so I didn't stress but I made sure my steps weren't too fast or too slow. We got a cab when we got to the front of the school gate . We arrived at the wedding venue in less than thirty minutes.

Caterers, variety of aromatic food, DJ, drum beaters, ugly and handsome men, beautiful and ugly women, cute couples, sad looking couples,  drinks and peanuts were set on each table already and lots of things that a wedding ceremony accommodates.  My sister, I and her roommate got lucky to get a table in a neutral space where we can see everything that is happening and will happen during our stay at the wedding. My sister's roommate took a drink from our table when we had barely sat.

The koko was about to start when two guys joined us at our table. Before I knew what was happening my sister gave one of the guys a playful slap. "Seun, you are everywhere. How did you see me?"

"The bride's sister is my friend now. I was actually looking for a table to occupy when my eyes dragged my attention to your table." He said shining his so scattered teeth.

"Abi your eyes dragged your attention to the fine girls I am sitting with." My sister stated.

"All na all. Anyway meet my gee. His name is Sa'id." Seun introduced.

"Sa'id, What's up?" My sister and her roommate greeted almost at the same time.

My attention was on a table where a woman and her daughter had finished four drinks already even before the official commencement of the ceremony. I got distracted from the mini drama when my sister tapped me.

"Won't you say hi to Seun and Sa'id?"

Before I could even answer Seun said, " Leave the Angel alone abeg, she is just shy." He said. He gave me a teasing wink and said, "Hello."

"Omo, what's this one feeling like." I thought. I am used to, "She keeps a straight face!" But I am not used to "she is shy!" I didn't know what to do but stare at him with a straight face, I looked into his eyes so long without even flinching, he suddenly got uncomfortable and said,
" You are not actually shy. "

Sa'id just smiled. "You are the shy one, Sa'id." I thought as I looked at him as though he could hear my thought

The koko started. The MC began with an opening prayers. My sister and I exchanged looks of knowing, our Amebo begins now. We usually start with the analyse of the MC.

"Are you sure this MC is holy? Fat MCs are usually Casanovas who come to ceremonies to take ladies back to their hotel rooms." My sister usually opens the door to our gossips at weddings.

Before I could reply Seun exclaimed, "Ah!"
"What!" My sister and I asked at the same time thinking he was going to rebuke us.

" He is not holy ooo. Shey you can't see ni. How his belly is so big. I saw him with Aunty Shukura the other day."

My sister, her roommate and I exchanged looks of surprise.

"Oh wow, this wedding amebo will be damn cool with a sissy with us." I thought. For the first time I decided to speak to Seun. So I asked, "Who is aunty Shukura?"

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE AMEBO.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IS IT THAT EASY? IS IT GENDER?

GIVE THE RESPECT TO A DOG INSTEAD

I AM NOT NIGERIAN