COMEDY, SOCIETY AND THERAPY


TODAY, ON  'CHAT WITH TRENDYNEEFAH'  IS AN INTERVIEW WITH TUNDE ADEBAYO WHO IS A COMEDIAN WHO HAS BEEN FEATURED IN SO MANY COMEDY SHOWS AND HE ALSO HAS SO MANY SOLO COMEDY VIDEOS.  

 1. trendyneefah: Hello, it is amazing to have you here. Please feel free to speak from your heart because this is an informal interview and the questions are going to be as simple as possible. You are a comedian. Please introduce yourself as the comic genius that you are.


Tunde Adebayo: Hi, I’m Tunde by name, Fortune tee as stage name which majority of people call me, Nigeria citizen and native of osun state. I’m a comedian, I bring out fun out of tension in most of people’s heart, yes, i mean i bring it out by pushing my hand in and bringing out joy which you’ll see with your eye. Well, the hand i mean here is my mouth to speak to you and your eye to see it is when you laugh with my words.


2. trendyneefah: Amazing. So tell me how did your journey begin as a comedian and how rapidly have you grown?


Tunde Adebayo: Well, it started briskly when i was in secondary school, which happens when we’re in free period in class and i stand in front of my colleagues to crack some jokes, basically mimicking them and we all laugh and reduce the stress, then it moved to school teachers telling me to come up to stage and crack some jokes during debate/quick session.

Also, it’s growing rapidly because I don’t just wait on people to call me, i rather do comedy skits and share for people to view on my page, on Instagram, YouTube and other platforms.


3. trendyneefah: Wow!  Amazing. Let me guess, 'you toasted your girlfriend in a comic way?"


TUNDE ADEBAYO: Definitely, not only do I always  toast my girlfriend, i always woo her in  comic way, i guess you know my characters lie around comedy (make people laugh)


4. trendyneefah:  I know, I know right. So what is the essence of comedy to life? What impact does it make in life, using your own experience as a case study?


Tunde Adebayo: Everyone knows this life is full of the good and bad, and we probably don’t like facing challenges. Comedy has enhanced me to know whenever you're happy, always remember it’s not forever and whenever you’re sad, it’s not forever. It has really helped me in all ramifications of my life, being a man of myself to face challenges and overcome them, and to always put on a smile to serve as physical charity.


4. trendyneefah: What is the relationship between comedy, therapy and the society ?

TUNDE ADEBAYO: There’s a strong relationship in comedy, therapy and society. In the sense that, comedy really foster the progress of the society which is love and peace among the people of the society, because we all need to make each other happy even when things are tough, we still need to be happy to face day to day challenges. Therefore i can say comedy is a therapy for a peaceful society and it is peace in a chaotic society.


5. trendyneefah: Can you give us instances?


TUNDE ADEBAYO:  I’ll just use being in school hostel as a good example, if one could notice if you’re in a hostel of students like you and probably most of the students are not friendly, not composed, or rather sad people, funny right, yes there are sad people that are sad naturally, then with the intervention of comedy in form of manner and words from a student might really make the hostel peaceful, including the students. It has happened to me and work for my hostel.


6. trendyneefah: So have you helped the people and the society with comedy during the pandemic, SARS protest etc?


TUNDE ADEBAYO: I say what i feel the so called friend deserve, at first i ask if they’re ok, from their tone i may sense “this one don dey depressed finally” i rather do video call and start laughing and making jest of the conditions of being at home without going out for days and of course i laugh and I’m so sure they will laugh when they see the energy in my laughter.

It actually depends on who really I’m talking to, i know what you deserve. Most of the time i mimick speeches, either from the first class citizens or rather the sars out there to harrass people.

Like i said most of the time is speech-on video calls not written, but I’ll just tell you a case that happened when i went out during the time soldiers were outside my street during curfew then i went out just to see what they will do and one ask me what do i really fear about him, i said Gun, then he dropped it and then said i should come and fight, wow, only God knows how I found myself at home.


7. trendyneefah: If you are given a chance to entertain Nigerian Government. What will the comedy be about? Infact entertain us with that comedy now.


TUNDE ADEBAYO:  Well, every comedian must definitely be careful with being sarcastic in Nigeria particular, so basically I’ll disguise my speech being a comedian that doesn’t have other country to run to. I am not saying I am a coward oo.

8. trendyneefah: Lol. I haven't said anything on cowardice yet now.

Tunde Adebayo: Ahhh I don't want to give you the chance to say it ni. I know all these bloggers and interviewers, they like catching people. You will not catch me at all!

9. trendyneefah: Lol. So you are the one who caught me now. Since you won't give us a satirical comedy. Give us something to make us laugh before we go.

Tunde Adebayo: I wish this could be a video record though.

whenever i see crowd and start my speech, i feel they obviously don’t want to laugh well, then i start laughing, so all i have to do now is laugh as much as possible for you to laugh as you’re reading this because you can’t hear me speak, so i declare in,  by and with the word of God in your heart and start laughing πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒ

trendyneefah: Lol.  Thank you for your time. I look forward to watching more of your comedy videos. See you next time on 'CHAT WITH TRENDYNEEFAH'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IS IT THAT EASY? IS IT GENDER?

GIVE THE RESPECT TO A DOG INSTEAD

I AM NOT NIGERIAN